Gay Panther Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums to talk all things Gay Panther Gaming. http://justin.tv/gaypanthergaming

2 posters

Gay Panther Game

PowerPigeon
    PowerPigeon
    Admin

Gay Panther Game Empty Gay Panther Game

Post  PowerPigeon Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:56 am

Inspiration just struck for a Gay Panther Gaming game idea.

You play as the Gay Panther travelling through all genres of gaming (your reasons for doing this I haven't thought of).

Every time you travel to a different genre of gaming, the entire game style changes, and Gay Panther's art style changes to match the world he's in (so in FPS land he's a Duke Nukem lookalike), so when you go to the RPG area of the game everything changes to an isometric 2D perspective and you begin playing as you would play a point and click RPG, and in the FPS section of the game you play sort of a 2d FPS similar to Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, and Duke Nukem 3D. Every genre area of the game serves as both a homage and a parody of several golden, and not so golden, eras of gaming.

It will also feature an online peer-to-peer (that means I don't have to maintain any servers) multiplayer system, the multiplayer will let you play in any genre of 2D game in game modes suited to that genre, for example in the FPS genre there are things like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and so forth. There are also unique "Genre vs. Genre" modes where two or more genres of game exist in one game session at the same time.

The game will also feature a bunch of things to add to the replay value and longevity, things like multiple difficulties, every genre has it's own unique difficulty settings, like how in Duke Nukem 3D there are difficulties like "Come Get Some" or someshit, the FPS genre will have difficulties named as parodies of those sorts of difficulties. Unlockable characters, including GPG regulars, GPG casters, and if you're hardcore enough you might even be able to unlock.... my cat Thomas! There will also be some sort of character creation thing that you can unlock stuff for by doing certain things. Unlockable and created characters can be used to play through the single player mode, replacing Gay Panther, and they can be used as playable characters in the many multiplayer modes, every character has multiple versions for every genre featured in the game.

There will also be some programs that are shipped with the game that allow for things like modding in new assets, such as new characters, weapons, vehicles, maps and so forth. As well as a pseudo Garry's mod inspired mode that lets you test out custom assets, or just to dick around and have fun in.

The entire game will be coded from scratch in either C++ or C sharp, using the OpenGL graphics API so it can run on all operating systems. It will cost a small amount of money to buy to compensate for the amount of time this is going to eat up, considering this is a very ambitious project, but everyone who helps with making the game will be able to get it for free, that is if they actually contribute things that end up being used, and if they help out a considerable amount I will pay them in cold hard wonga.

So for the time being I will draw up some concepts for the game, and I will also start working on getting back into C++ and learning OpenGL so I can build some prototypes, and maybe I'll get some story and more ideas written.

Anyone who wants to help with any aspect of the game will be deemed one of the 10 coolest people in the known universe, and will help to get the game made ALOT sooner, and will be rewarded for their efforts.

After the first game, which will be entirely in 2D or 2D imitating 3D in some parts, a sequel will be made called Gay Panther Game: Next Gen, which will be in full 3D parodying how all genres of gaming have seemingly devolved over the years into the casual shitpile they are today. But that won't be for a loooooooooooooooong time.

In this thread: I will be posting any pre production conceptual or writing work regarding the game, as well as any prototypes I make, and everyone is free to help with ideas, concept art, writing the story and design documents, graphics or programming for the prototypes, or anything else they want to help with. I will also make some neat shit for everyone to download, like a Gay Panther Gaming desktop wallpaper, Gay Panther Gaming emoticons, and other pseudo promotional widgets like that.
    Winter
    Winter

Gay Panther Game Empty Re: Gay Panther Game

Post  Winter Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:37 am

This will be fucking great.

What exactly do you need help with?
    Cause maybe I can help.
    Winter
    Winter

Post  Winter Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 am

One night, Gay Panther was sitting around with his friends, playing videogames, when an argument broke out between his friends.
    What genre of gaming is the best?
    "AREPEEJEES ARE THA BEST CAUSE THEYRE MORE CUSTOM." King shouted.
    "NO. FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS ARE THE BEST BECAUSE THEY'RE FROM YOUR VIEW." Pigeon yelled.
    "FUCK THAT. SIDE SCROLLERS ARE THE BEST. THEY'RE CLASSICS." Chimed in Toasty.
    Gay Panther didn't want any part of this quarrel. So he ran outside.
    There he met a magical wizard.
    "Well, Hello there young panther. I am [generic wizard name like Froloc or Grogor] and I will truthfully answer any question that you ask. But be careful. My methods of answering are unusual."
    Gay Panther thought about it.
    "What gaming genre is the best genre in gaming?"
    The wizard thought for a moment.
    "That's tough, well I guess you'll have to figure that one out on your own."
    And the wizard was gone.
    "Well THAT was retarded/gay/stupid/unhelpful."
    Gay Panther went back inside, but when he opened his front door, within there was a portal. Before he could run away, Gay Panther was sucked in.
    He awoke inside a videogame.

/Rough draft of story.
    PowerPigeon
    PowerPigeon
    Admin

Post  PowerPigeon Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:51 am

GIVE THAT MAN A PULITZER

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:11 am